Accidents occur every day in warehouses and factories. Around 1,300 UK employees are hospitalised each year with serious injuries due warehouse accidents.
Incidents involving pallet rack collapses often happen due to two reasons: Products not being properly stored in a safe and orderly manner or Collisions and unseen damage which weakens the rackings structural integrity. Using our racking inspections regularly will ensure that potential dangers and issues can be identified quickly helping to prevent costly accidents.
Forklift and pallet truck accidents are a common problem within warehouses, often causing serious injury and in some cases death. It is vital that vehicles such as forklifts, MEWPS and pallet trucks are checked prior to use for any faulty components that might cause an incident to occur.
Health and Safety is a fundamental requirement in any business and must be regarded as an essential part of maintenance and management. Assuming equipment is safe to use is a common problem in warehouses and factories, which leads to catastrophic consequences. Help your warehouse become safer, healthier and stronger by using our range of preventative maintenance management products.
Preventative maintenance and management of warehouse equipment can bring the following benefits:
• a reduction in injuries and the resulting financial and personal costs;
• better construction practice to help develop a sustainable business
• longer life for equipment and machinery;
• reduced repair costs resulting from unnoticed equipment faults;
• less chance of enforcement action and its costs, eg the cost of dealing with an incident and/or fines;
• reduced risk of damage to the reputation of the business;
• improved productivity, good morale and a happier, healthier workforce;
Whenever an employee is required to use workplace equipment (such as Ladders, MEWPS, Racking, Forklifts etc), safety inspections must be carried out. Records of these checks must be maintained for verification. Responsible employers are aware of their duty of care to employees and those that may be affected within a warehouse, and will manage their warehouse effectively, implementing appropriate preventative maintenance inspections in order to reduce costs and accidents.