The continuing development of telehandlers (telescopic materials handlers) in terms of capacity and reach makes them a versatile piece of site equipment. This versatility however provides scope for unsafe use; this has led to a significant number of serious accidents, including some fatalities. Not only do these accidents have a terrible cost in terms of human suffering, they also have a significant financial cost for all concerned. Consequently there is a very strong business case for improving telehandler safe working procedures.
Comprehensive maintenance records are essential to the safe, efficient and economical operations of a telehandler. They provide a complete history of the individual telehandler and our telehandler safety checklist can provide the following benefits:
• Evidence of adequate maintenance as part of the management system;
• Establishing breakdown trends over time and providing information for the review of maintenance frequency;
• Identification of component failure trends for feedback to the manufacturer;
• Evidence of adequate maintenance to the Enforcing Authorities in the event of an incident;
• Enabling the performance of the telehandler to be reviewed over time to inform future purchases.
• Evidence of compliance with LOLER/PUWER regulatory guidelines and industry best practice.
• Cost savings by having planned maintenance schedules if faults are found, avoiding unscheduled downtime.
Each kit comes in a sturdy highly visible box which is ideal for storing used checkbooks for management records. The kit contains 275 individual (one for each day - working week) Telehandler inspections relating to the components and functionality of a Telehandler. Duplicate carbon copies of the completed inspection checklists are retained in the book for management records. The book also includes useful guidance notes to remind operatives what to look for during their Telehandler inspection. The kit also contains 2 status tags which when positioned and attached to the entrance of a Telehandler is a ideal way to advise employees when the equipment is "Good to Go" following a pre-use inspection. If a fault is found then the tag can display a "Do Not Use" message to quarantine the equipment until repaired and another inspection deems the Telehandler is safe for use. A useful wallet and pen which securely holds the book and pen to protect it from general wear and tear whilst providing a perfect writing surface whilst on the move. The kit also provides 300 tamper evident seals which provide a visual indicator that the checklist insert is in place and verified.
Daily Inspection Kit includes:
• 2 x Status Tags to attach to the equipment and show its status (includes a spare).
• 11 x Safety Check Books provide 275 individual checklists, allowing one to be completed each day of the year (based on a 5-day working week) and the findings displayed inside the status tag. Additional books can be ordered as and when required.
• 1x Check Book Wallet & Pen, to store the current book in use and provide a solid writing surface when completing checklists.
• 300 x Tamper Evident Seals, which can be used to deter and identify unauthorised access to the status tag.
Tags: 51372, Farm, Farming, Agriculture, Construction, Sites, Maintenance, Inspections, Audit, Form, Tagging, PUWER, LOLER, Safety, Record, Check, Books, Checklists, Checklist, Inspection, Teletruk, Teletruck