It is estimated that each year 10% of all investigated accidents involving forklift trucks are caused largely by the lack of operator training. Ensure your operators carry out a daily check of their forklift with Good to Go Safety™ and significantly reduce the risk of accidents and unnecessary maintenance costs.
Good to Go Safety™ offers a simple solution for forklift safety with daily checks or weekly forklift inspections of the FLT to suit your needs. A forklift checklist provides a pre-use check as part of your FLT safety maintenance programme, equipment tagging ensures everyone is aware of the forklift status. Workplace safety has never been easier.
- Ensures compliance with PUWER, LOLER, HSE & FLTA regulations and best practice.
- Instantly visible at the point of use - we recommend positioning the status pod at either the entry point to the cab, or by the ignition box to help provide an immediate reminder to the operator before he starts up the vehicle.
- A robust, UV stable and water resistant status pod enables both internal & external usage.
- Quick, easy to use check list ensures that key safety checks are carried out prior to use. The operator can simply complete the check list, sign and date it. Once inserted into the pod it provides a clear statement of the forklift status.
- Clearly identifies when a forklift is 'good to go' and when it is not safe to use.
- A tamper evident seal ensures validity of the check list, preventing potential tampering with check lists. A duplicate copy of the completed check list is also maintained in the check book for reference.
- Chronological records of all inspections are stored in completed check books using carbon copy paper. These books can be kept in secure offices or even off-site as part of your maintenance records and can prove an invaluable source of reference in the event of any accidents. The annual kit provides a handy storage box for all completed check books.
Employers have a duty of care to ensure all employees operating or working in the vicinity of forklifts are adequately informed of the potential hazards and the relevant safe work procedure in operation. Such systems will include controls on use, defect reporting & recording, and inspection & maintenance of forklift trucks and associated equipment. Good to Go Safety™ ticks all the boxes!